If you have any comments, please email:

If you have any comments, please send them to:
jamesandtimsworldtour@hotmail.co.uk

Facebook: James A Gray

Follow the journey by map

Wednesday 25 April 2012

I left my heart just off Liverpool Road


49 B.C.E.

Today I signed and sealed the letter that equals one month’s notice to my landlady. I haven’t seen much of her in recent times, but that’s the way I like it. The bargeboard still hasn’t been replaced on the roof, but I never noticed it when it was up there (bloody well heard it when it fell down though!)

All in all, it’s been a comfortable 18 months living on Carlisle Road. No angry neighbours, no loud music, no fog of marijuana in the communal corridors, no sinister-looking folk entering the building at all hours, no battle for a parking space next to an old couch that the council won’t take away, and no shower that runs freezing cold whenever the hell it feels like it. I even quite liked the odd domestics I heard through the walls – the non-threatening kinds can actually be pretty entertaining.

Anyway, back to the letter to Brenda – I thanked her for giving me my space and hoped she’d give me the first weekend in June to shift my stuff over to Ainsdale. I told her that, if by some miracle no one was living here when I returned to Blighty, I’d like to take up this tenancy once again (providing the rent hasn’t gone up like everything else – “This country!” etc., etc.)

I can’t believe it‘ll already be May come Monday and that the 50 day marker before jetting off has already passed. It’s not that I’m not fired up for getting on the road round the globe…just that there’s so much to do! And most of it’s boring, like cancelling the bills I won’t be around to pay, and getting refunds on those I already have.

But I’m going round the world…so who effin` cares!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment