If you have any comments, please email:

If you have any comments, please send them to:
jamesandtimsworldtour@hotmail.co.uk

Facebook: James A Gray

Follow the journey by map

Saturday 2 June 2012

I am officially a "Boomerang Baby"


11 B.C.E.

Let me remind you of the first ever entry I wrote on this blog way back on the 3rd March:

This is the first entry in my travel log in a year in which I am going to circumnavigate the globe.

Tonight I am staying over at my parents’ house while they are away on a Caribbean cruise. I need to remember how to get used to staying here, especially as come early June, I won’t be alone.

I am hungover from last night. I had the day off and apparently my plans to travel the world went public at work. I forget what I heard in a drunken stupour, but I gather all was revealed in the management meeting. Kinda glad I wasn’t there.

I await the public reaction.

Night-night.

Ah, how long ago that seems! And here I am  tonight, back in my parents’ house, surrounded by almost a whole flat’s worth of stuff crammed into the bedroom I first occupied when I was thirteen years old!

Today was defined by lots of puffing, panting, lifting of heavy stuff and scrubbing away 18 months of dirt from surfaces that I’d forgotten existed because they had other stuff in front of them. Now it’s all done, landlady was happy, my deposit was returned, and I left my empty little flat with heavy heart and cherished memories.

But that’s the past, and it’s time to think of the future.

Tonight the most that I can do is neck a bottle of wine and move all the boxes off the bed so I can sleep on it. To be fair to my folks, they’ve been very welcoming – I can’t fault their hospitality one bit.

Slight observation I made soon after arriving – my days of attending the little boys room with the door open are behind me for the next seven months.

Night-night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment